1. The Tight 32 Contest won't benefit you if lacking any existing werk. In order to maximize your exposure it would be ideal to have a project already released within the last several months. Our team will shoot a professional HD quality video of your winning performance to blast across the net. Anyone who listens, if interest is peaked will want to see what else is going on with your movement. If there isn't anything to follow up with, expect the buzz to automatically die down. The contest shows the potential of an emcee or producer.
2. Producers this is a hip hop competition. Your submissions should center around production emcees can rap on. We have some great producers submitting tracks that are ideal for big records which is cool, but won't win you this competition. The winning producers are considered for our PWR Beatz program at Patchwerk Recording Studios. The program was designed for our clients in house seeking production with out the hassle of going back and forth with unprofessional producers who don't have their business together. Also for artist to STOP USING YOUTUBE BEATS! That is an automatic fail folks!
Producer Of the Month: Gorilla Noise
3. The contest is designed for 32 bars. This means the emcee has to rap. You don't have to go all Black Thought in the booth but you must bring the heat. You are sent 3 tracks for our producer of the month 2 days in advance so preparation is key. Sometimes we get artist who show up and say they just wrote it the same day as contest. Oh okay so you didn't put any effort in to penning a sure fire win huh? Just gonna wing it? Understand some people take this serious and you will get embarrassed. You never know what clients will be in Patchwerk Recording Studios the day of competition so being prepared is crucial.
4. Keep in mind we video tape all performances. We only release the winning video however every artist has the opportunity to purchase their personalized video for promotional purposes. Our multimedia department at Patchwerk will decorate the booth of either Studio 1019 or Studio 995 with cameras and lights. This can be very intimidating to the unprepared. Again we sometimes invite our clients to check out the event so never know who you will be performing in front of. If you stay ready for that opportunity you won't have to get ready.
Emcee Of The Month: FAV
The other incentives for entering the contest and winning for both emcees and producers:
- Performance at the IdOMUSIC Showcase & Netwerk Event. You receive 5 minutes on stage at either of our current showcases currently 1st Thursdays at Apache Cafe or 2nd Tuesdays at Ten ATL.
- Included in monthly email blast out to 22k+ subscribers to the Patchwerk Recording Studios and IdOMUSIC Netwerk.
- Full month of social media promotion on @Patchwerkstudio & @IdOMUSIConline Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook channels.
- Personalized Spotlight Interview to use for promotional purposes filmed at Patchwerk Recording Studios.
Keep these tips in mind and put some momentum behind your next project! The contest was created for the indie so make use of The IdOMUSIC NetWerk. Next competition takes place Thursday January 25th. Click link to purchase tickets and get in the game!